ESG projects cover a wide range of issues, a common theme across which is that of encouraging community involvement in decision making regarding environmental and social justice concerns.
ESG organised and participates in facilitating public meetings and workshops with the intention of raising awareness in the community, judiciary and government bodies about environmental issues, environmental law, and the citizens’ Rights.
Films and Documentaries are a medium through which we disseminate information about our projects to a wide audience. To purchase any of our films, please contact us. The films are available in VHS and VCD format in Kannada or dubbed in English and cost INR 750/-. Cost for overseas requests is USD 20 (+ USD 5 for postage). Please enquire here about availability.
Segregation, collection and disposal of hazardous waste
Development of Guidelines for Segregation, Collection and Safe Disposal of Hazardous waste (SACODI) was a European Union Asia Pro Eco funded project carried out from 2005 – 2006. Project partners worked together to identify the diverse challenges to Hazardous Waste Management. Read more.
The Access Initiative – India
The Access Initiative (TAI) is a global coalition of civil society organisations collaborating to promote national implementation of commitments to access to information, participation, and justice in decision-making that affects the environment. Read more.
Solid Waste Management Training Initiative
This project focused on understanding the working and living conditions of the Pourakarmikas (street sweepers) and upgrading their skills to the role of ‘Solid Waste Managers’: informed and socially aware Municipal Workers who could motivate the local community to engage in maintaining clean and healthy neighbourhoods. Read more.
- Community Access 2000: the Raichur urban development project. Read more.
- Integrating Environmental Considerations in Economic Policy Decision Making – A Case Study of Dakshina Kannada. Read more.
- Consultant: National Law School of India University. Read more.
- Environmental Decision Making Cycles in India. Read more.
- International NGO Campaign to reform Export Credit Agencies. Read more.
- Representation on EIA for urban planning (You can also read the MoEF draft notification)